Check out this weeks Knightline!
Dear K-5 King's Families,
As you know, we have had to revamp a lot of our normal operations, traditions, and events this year due to the impact from COVID. Despite the additional challenges, we are committed to maintaining a full menu of opportunities for our deserving students. So far, so good......thanks to the hard work, flexibility, and willing spirit of our staff and families.
The tradition of holding our annual K-5 Christmas Musical at Palm Springs High School Auditorium is not an option for us this year, but we determined that "the show must go on" and we found an alternate location at Cornerstone Covenant Church (behind SAM'S Club). Because this event typically draws 500-600 people, we will be offering three (3) performances in order to give every family the option to attend in person. In some ways, we feel this actually rewards the efforts of our K-5 students who work so hard for only one performance. If you've ever been to a King's musical, you know it's worth doing again...and again.
Please note the following details for this year's musical, The Great Christmas Give-Away.
WHEN: Friday, December 11 @ 10am, 12pm, & 2pm
WHERE: Cornerstone Covenant Church, 73605 Dinah Shore Drive (behind SAM'S Club) RESERVATIONS REQUIRED: Reservations link will be supplied soon.
LIMITED SEATING: 150 seats @ each performance - maximum of 5 tickets per family AND for only one performance per family.
LIVE-STREAM AVAILABLE: Invite all of your distant friends and family members to watch the performance. The performance will be recorded for later viewing. More information to come regarding live-stream.
COVID COMPLIANCE: Masks required for all adults and children 8 years and older. Temperature checks will be required upon entry.
LUNCH: Students will bring their own lunch and eat before the 12pm performance. No Hot Lunch that day.
TRANSPORTATION: All K-5 students will be transported from school to the church. Parents attending the 2pm performance may take their child(ren) home from the church. Other parents may come pick up your children by 3:15pm. Remaining students will be transported back to school for dismissal and aftercare. Estimated arrival time back to school is 3:30pm. PARENT VOLUNTEERS: Contact Miss DeLair if you are available/interested in helping with this year's musical.
Don't miss this special performance by our K-5 graders that joyfully celebrates the birth of our Savior, Jesus. Call the School Office if you have any questions.
Monday, NOVEMBER 16:
MUSICAL PRACTICE - MAIN CAST: 3:15pm - 4:30pm
Tuesday, NOVEMBER 17:
- THE WIZARD OF OZ: BY MS DRAMA CLASS: 8:30am - 9:00am on the MS Basketball court
- MOMS IN PRAYER: 8:30am - Meet near the flagpole after flag ceremony.
- FALL BOOK FAIR - K-2 COHORT: 7:30am - 8:15am & 3:00pm - 4:00pm
- MUSICAL PRACTICE - SMALL CAST: 3:15pm - 4:30pm
Wednesday, NOVEMBER 18:
- FALL BOOK FAIR - 3-5 COHORT: 7:30am - 8:15am & 3:00pm - 4:00pm
- MUSICAL PRACTICE - SOLOIST: 3:15pm - 4:30pm
Thursday, NOVEMBER 19:
- FALL BOOK FAIR - MS COHORT: 7:30am - 8:15am & 3:00pm - 4:00pm
- PRESCHOOL GRANDPARENTS' DAY DRIVE-THROUGH PARADE: 10:00am - 10:30am in the front parking lot.
- MUSICAL PRACTICE - DANCERS: 3:15pm - 4:30pm
Friday, NOVEMBER 20:
- K-8 GRANDPARENTS' DAY "DRIVE-THROUGH" PARADE: 9:30am - 10:30am. See more information below.
What's coming up...
- THANKSGIVING BREAK - NO SCHOOL: November 23 - 27.
- BOWL-A-RAMA FREE DRESS INCENTIVES: November 30 - December 4. All students that had sponsors totaling $350 or more may come to school in free dress.
- K-5 CHRISTMAS MUSICAL: December 11. 10:00am, 12:00pm, & 2:00pm.